Saturday, June 14, 2008

Motivation for Fatcats and possibly for Fatcat chumlies.

Top of the morning to you, I hope Satdee finds you well. Another gloriously warm day here in Dublin and ye gods, I'm starting to get used to it.
I was supposed to get up early and go to the gym but as luck would have it I stayed asleep and had my first lie on of the week. Soon I must trundle off to the Asian market for all things delicious, in the afternoon I'm taking CG's dog for a long ramble where I will attempt not to drown him or let him drown himself and tonight I am to attend a paaady with a French Gay. Eep.
Tomorrow I will attempt a long run, today I will attempt to find a new dress. I don't know which is more daunting.
Anyhoo.

Monday- crippled from box jumps, one armed rows (15k) and SDLHPs during Sunday's mammoth gym session. Much pain. In lieu of doing anything that might be confused with Sport I organised a dusty book cull instead.
It hurts when I cough. naturally dust means I feel like coughing. I am an idiot.


Tuesday- still banjaxed, muscles complaining.

Wednesday- early session in the gym, ran for 55 minutes on the tread, then 25 mins on the bike. Pure cardio. No weights involved, I figure I'll give my muscles one more day or recovery. Emailed Finn on return querying why the running felt so good and so easy. I'm worried it's a fluke of some kind, but honestly I felt I could have run all day. I didn't even have my usual whingey start!

Thursday- weights involved in this baby.
Stretching warm up.
25k push jerks x10x3
Bench press 20kx10x2 could have gone heavier I suppose, but I had no one to spot me so I was a bit wary of throttling myself.
pull ups on grav, 10 using 25k counter weight,
10 using 20k counter weight,
10 using 15k counterweight. It wasn't that bad actually. Going to start with twenty next time, drop to 15 and try a 10.

Pull ups interspaced with curls, 10k each arm, x10 x 3, definitely big improvement in this. Actually I noticed a real jump in strength this week. Feeling pretty pleased with it all.
Finished with a 25k bike ride and some serious stretching in an attempt to stave off as much next day pain as possible.

Friday, I haz pain anyway. Went to kickboxing and engaged in lot of heavy bag work. Kick and strike combos, then three minute rounds on pads. Bloomin' wreaked after, but good wreaked, not bad wreaked. Then to put the final nail in the coffin that are my legs I ran 5k as fast as I could which was 28.11, damn, so close. I'll get you 27, you see if I don't!

Did I mention it was warm and sunny?

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Megan McGurk said...

Good luck on finding a new dress, FMC. I'm almost always on the lookout for one and have a hard time. Although I did get a chocolate brown safari style mini dress the other week and think it's fab.
Enjoy yourself at the party.

3:31 p.m.  
Blogger Andraste said...

Warm and sunny here too. Must get outdoors as soon as possible and make the lawn look nice. And get some color on this pasty skin.

Anyhoo...a mediocre week for me. Tempteratures in the 90's and humid, so energies were low. Also, Celtics are in the NBA championships, playing out on the west cost, so the games have been starting at 9PM, which means I'm up too late to manage getting out of bed early for workouts.

Having said that, I DID manage to work out Tuesday and Thursday mornings, cardio mostly but also some weights and a lunge or 20.

Today, however, since time permitted, I managed 60 minutes of cardio, some leg exercises (not sure what to call them, lifts and whatnot I picked up from various fitness magazines over the years) and some ab twists.

Tomorrow I hope for much the same, only with some weights, yoga stretches, etc. Must increase workouts from here on out though, and lay off the pasta, as I seem to have plateaued an am not getting any fucking smaller or leaner. Meh.

3:33 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

30 minutes cardio Sat and Thur.

That's it.

3:37 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you weren't writing about not being able to the gym, maybe you'd, er, get to the gym....

5:01 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Probably, but the sleep in was rather nice.
Anyway, I've got a dress! It's white, fifties style, with a black organza empire band. I love it. Also my heel are ferocious. If I don't topple over I'll be doing remarkably well.
Right shower, have a cracking weekend ladies. And gents.

5:51 p.m.  
Blogger aquaasho said...

Enjoy your evening FMC, that dress sounds gorgeous.
I did my first sea swim this week and was scared as hell. It was an aquathon so it was a swim and a run. Needless to say once the bad swim was out of the way I ran like the absolute clappers just from the sheer joy of finally being able to run.
Other than that bits of cycling and swimming and then a mountain race tomorrow starting in Laragh. :-)
It's interesting reading your weights stuff, I've stopped doing them since my marathon in April. Kinda miss it, but it's not part of my current training programme.
Have a good weekend everyone!

9:32 p.m.  
Blogger laughykate said...

Dress sounds gorgeous. Still grounded. Got day release but that was swiftly followed up with another grounding again. Yawn.

1:02 a.m.  
Blogger daisy mae said...

rode my bike TO school (6 mi each time) three times this week but not home... it was snowing something fierce and i just didn't have the clothing for it.

but it seems that summer is finally here. off to get in a mountain bike ride today, as well as put in the garden. hoping to get back into a regular gym schedule this week, too.

5:29 p.m.  
Blogger John Mc said...

Sunday - San Jose triathlon. Knocked 20 minutes off my Wildflower time.
Monday -rest
Tuesday - rest
Wed - Indoor bike class - mistake not rested enough.
Thursday - nada
Friday - more nada
Saturday - 40 mile bike, during which one of my mates crashed his brand new $4K bike, and broke the handlbars. He was ok luckily.

5:51 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Holy crap John mac! Way to go like the wind!
Waves at everyone else. Pats LK on the shoulder in sympathy.

8:20 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home