Monday, July 31, 2006

The passion of Mel Gibson or in vino veritas

Poor old Mel, off the wagon and under the cosh. And as batty as a fruitcake to boot.

Mel Gibson appears to have abandoned his policy of elevating Jewish-Christian dialogue to a "constructive new level," reverting to the unhelpful old level and voicing his convictions with a somewhat furry tongue.

Arrested on suspicion of DUI in Malibu, Gibson did not go gently into the squad car. Less than overcome with contrition, he conducted his own browbeating interrogation of the arresting officers.

"Once inside the car, a source directly connected with the case says Gibson began banging himself against the seat. The report says Gibson told the deputy, 'You mother f****r. I'm going to f*** you.' The report also says 'Gibson almost continually [sic] threatened me saying he 'owns Malibu' and will spend all of his money to 'get even' with me.

"The report says Gibson then launched into a barrage of anti-Semitic statements: 'F*****g Jews... The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world.' Gibson then asked the deputy, 'Are you a Jew?'"


Yes, when arrested for drink driving screaming blue murder about Jews is bound to save you. I've been following this one for a few days, initially the report says he was arrested without incident, but it appears not. There is other stuff about him trying to rip the phone off the jail wall and so on, but it's the screaming about 'owning ' places and anti-semite ranting that make me wonder is everyone in hollywood just pain nuts.
He has since apologised for his 'off colour' remarks.

He said. “After drinking alcohol on Thursday night, I did a number of things that were very wrong and for which I am ashamed," the statement read. "(After) I was stopped by the L.A. County Sheriffs ... I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested, and said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable. I am deeply ashamed of everything I said, and I apologize to anyone who I have offended."

Gibson, 50, added in the statement, "I have battled the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse."

16 Comments:

Blogger Dr Maroon said...

In vino veritas. There but for the grace of God, or as I prefer, by the grace of God, go I. There’s nothing worse. You reach that stage when the Tourette’s takes over. The real disapproving person that is you, sits back and has a cigarette and a coffee, while the demon invader gives vent to bits of your spleen with a distorted and exaggerated stream of unasked for revelations of what might, but probably isn’t, the real you. To make it much worse, these come back to you in flashbacks in the following days out the blue. You might be in your car when you suddenly remember, and you almost drive off the road in embarrassment. You can never explain or put it right either. The hole just deepens.

So I’m told.

11:59 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Ah yes the dreaded flashback, you're holding the back of your head on while brushing your teeth and WAP! suddenly you remember...you hear the words, you clamp your hand over your real mouth and squeeze your eyes shut tight, but nope, it is too late, it's there in the annals of history, flapping about forever like too high bunting you and your stubby fingers cannot reach.
Nothing for it but spit, rinse and pretend it never happened.

12:06 p.m.  
Blogger El Barbudo said...

Or you type it all up as a regular blog post

1:36 p.m.  
Blogger Twenty Major said...

I can't say I've ever experienced that 'Oh my! What did I say?' thing.

It must be awful though.

2:05 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I'm open that way, el B.
Apropos of nothing, 'What are you looking at sugar tits?' has got to be the funniest thing I've never heard Mel Gibson say.

2:06 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Twenty, don't even go there. Some of us know better, don't we?

2:07 p.m.  
Blogger Andraste said...

What a fucken nutball. He needs to be drowned.

4:28 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

In one of those Jewish baths! I like his contrite shite today. I don't know why anyone is really surprised, his own father is a renowned holocaust denier. Apples don't generally fall to far from the tree.

4:39 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mel: "I have battled the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse."

Ha ha. Oh so Hollywood. I would say this is one of the high-lights of his career.

7:07 p.m.  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

What precipitated the "horrific relapse"?

Being another sometime sufferer of Whisky Tongue, I tend to extend to everyone the same benefit of the doubt I pray they give me when I'm drunk.

Having said that there are definitely happy drunks and mean drunks. People having bad nights/years might be better swearing off until a lighter mood approaches. Having said THAT though, there is often no better way to lighten a mood than a twirl or too with Johnny Walker (can't stand the whisky myself, mind, but you know what I mean).

All in all, with everything considered, one has to conclude Mr. Gibson is a prize arse - or at least he was the other night.

9:42 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

"All in all, with everything considered, one has to conclude Mr. Gibson is a prize arse - or at least he was the other night."
If I had a cap on, my ducky I'd doff it to you.
I too am a rather happy burbling drunk, but once, just once I was a vile snappy arse wipe, and quelle shock, it was to do with my mother. Naturally I don't drink jagermiester any longer.

10:19 p.m.  
Blogger Jae Arronson said...

I used to like Mel. Guess Hollywierd gets to them all after awhile. Either that, or he really is an f'ng anti-semite. Whatever. Nuts. They're all nuts. IMO.

12:14 a.m.  
Blogger LindyK said...

Luckily, I never remember what I say when I'm drunk... erm. Either way, it makes you look at The Passion in a whole different light, doesn't it?!

2:18 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Hey Slim! Good to hear from you. And yes it really does.

9:27 a.m.  
Blogger SafeTinspector said...

ADHD has made me stick my foot in my mouth multiple times in my life.
One of my employees, however, is a socially non-functional geek (we are and IT company, after all) who spoke loudy a speculation that a particularly wealthy client's wife might've bedded a related client corporation's CEO. This speculation occured in the lunch room of the related client corporation.

....I almost had to fire the boy. It would've been a pity, he was no where near as incompetant with a keyboard in front of him.

As for Mel: Of course, Mel, I know you aren't anti-semitic! Whenever people get drunk they often say things that have nothing to do with the way they really feel.
Wait...

3:35 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

That Safety, was a rather spectacular shot in the foot of that poor chap.

4:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home